Potable Water Testing
Potable water or drinking water is an essential resource. It is required for food production, personal hygiene, or the haemostasis of the body. Furthermore, without clean water many industries would not be able to operate.
The quality of drinking water can vary due to the source or the form of treatment. Therefore, it is vital to sample and analyse the water before it is release for human consumption.
An assessment of the of the quality of the water and the characteristics of the supply system helps to manage risks associated with contaminated water such as the spread of viruses.
It’s important to note that potability tests should be conducted regularly, as water sources can become contaminated at any time. A potable water plan should be in place, and it is important to be proactive about testing and treating water sources.
Potable Water Analysis
HSE Australia offers a wide range of Occupational Hygiene and Risk Management Services such as Drinking Water Sampling & Lab Analysis. Get in touch for an individual quote.
Request a call back
Solving problems others find difficult...for clients in
Frequently asked Questions
Health Safety Environment Australia
- Physical (often visible “dirty water”)
- Microbial (bacteria, viruses, parasites)
- Chemical (heavy metals, minerals e.g. fertilizer residue)
- Radiological (e.g. naturally occurring radiation)
- Pipelines & Plumbing (e.g. lead pipes)
- Farming (e.g. pesticides, insecticides)
- Livestock (e.g. faeces)
- Oil & Gas production (e.g. leaks)
- Pharma production (e.g. Drug residues)
- Naturally Occurring Radiation Material (e.g. mining)
- Potable Water quality is described the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines
- Safe Drinking Water Act 2003
- The Public Health Act 2010
- Source of water changed
- Contamination is expected
- Contamination is assumed
- Characteristics are changing
- Recurring when water quality needs to be monitored over
a prolonged period (daily, weekly, monthly, annually)
HSE conducts Potable Water testing and laboratory analysis.
As a leading provider of health, safety, and environmental solutions, HSE Australia, is extremely experienced in assessing, sampling and analysing potable water situations.
Tailored to your needs and the setting of your work site, and with your input, we will develop a testing approach and schedules that has low impact on your workflows but that ensures clean safe water.
Our well-trained Occupational Hygiene Specialists and Lab Technicians work even at remote sites to review the drinking water system, take water samples and get them analysede them for up to 70 types of contamination.
Please contact us if you have any question.
One Source Many Solutions
Over the past 15 years we developed the ability to quickly understand and respond to our clients’ needs. We are “solving problems others find difficult…”.
We offer our clients an enviable team of specialists working with associates and other external experts, driving and delivering fit for purpose, tailored single sourced solutions for you.